View Single Post
      09-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #71
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
I am not going to do anything as the vibration is very little and comes and goes so its not there all the time. I'm definitely going to live with it.

However with that said, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with BMW and cant believe that I have to "live" with something like this in such an expensive car.

Everything else is awesome and I love the car. I'm going to continue modding my car because that is my passion and a slight vibration is not going to kill me....it might IRRITATE me like hell....but oh well....
It does suck that this happens to some F30's.
That intermittent thing would drive me even more crazy. I had a car years ago that had intermittent vibration and I could barely stand it. I did so many tire changes and new wheels and still it was there though at various intensity levels. Oddly, what finally worked was a new set of high quality Michelin AS tires. Smooth as butter. Never found the source.

I've read on here and a couple of other sites that BMW is aware of this problem, but they don't have a cure yet.
This is what happened with the HPFP issue with the N54 engines.
Dealers didn't know what was up, and BMW told them to do various tests and software updates. The problem persisted because BMW did know there was a problem, but they hadn't found the cause. So, it was all about putting on a band aid to keep the customers at bay until they found a solution.
They had a revised pump that didn't work, then another, and finally a whole different pump that finally cured the problem.

Maybe this issue needs some media coverage. Nothing speeds up the curing/healing process like uncovering the wound for public viewing and scrutiny.

This steering vibration thing is way too common for BMW not to know the problem exists. But until they find the exact cause and then find a cure, it'll be balancing and rebalancing band-aid until they cure it.

I can imagine who ticked off and disappointed some of you are. I would be too. I'm glad I don't have this issue. I shouldn't have to feel "lucky" when buying a $50K automobile, but given how many cars are like this, I do feel lucky.
Here's to wishing this problem gets solved, and much sooner than later.
BMW, get it done!
Appreciate 0