View Single Post
      06-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
fermion33
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i 6MT M-PPSK

I have to agree. I also like the F30 M Sport front bumper more. I can't remember anyone complaining about its looks and most people seem to enjoy it, so I'm with you not to understand why they didn't use basically the same one, albeit wider, on the F32. Maybe this was a sacrifice to adhering to their new strategy of "differentiation" between the F30 and the F32.
But although I completely agree on the F30 M Sport looking more natural, flowing and aggressive, I'm still positively surprised by these real life pictures. It is likely that I can live with that F32 M Sport front bumper instead of exchanging it with an expensive F30 M Sport replica (I'm sure, some company will offer those for the F32).
Might even be that the F32 M Sport front bumper grows on me with time, as I already start to like it.

Concerning the side vents, I really don't know what BMW is thinking. It would have looked much better if they simply omitted the glossy black (or chrome, depending on the line) "curbs" around those vents. I really think that a 3D looking vent in the sheet metal without any curb around it, would have looked more technical and less gimmicky. If they would at least offer them in a more sporty and technical variant! Like the matte metal finish found on the side vents, window borders and grille of the concept... sigh. At least these things should be easy to correct by some simple modding. I'm already thinking of some matte titanium vinyl wrap for those parts... ;-)
Appreciate 0