08-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #45
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Do yall want to see a JB4 Stage 2 murder your DME while the harness and JB4 Stage 2 box is perfect. No ground sensor fault. The case was well protected and wrapped. Was not even dusty.

Sorry to thread jack but for all JB4 enthusiasts Stage 1 on the F30 is ok. I ran that for about 4 months then threw on the MPE and went Stage 2 tapping into 2 CAN wires per the instructions then this:

5 weeks of LIMP MODE!!!!

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=997967

If my fiance was driving you bet your ass I am making the dealer prove their case.

Bottom line don't hate on BMS. Terry and Jon are good guys and take care of you if you simply relax. Imagine my situation 18k miles 335i SportLine brand new Michelin PSS XL's went up a size to fill the gap....threw on the gloss black M spoiler, gloss black M grill, gloss black whiskers to match, paint matched reflectors to the AW....and I was JUST about to get new wheels.

I don't blame BMS because these new F cars have DME's that are PITA from what I have been hearing from several BMW tuners both local and out of state.

Bottom line is this....want a fast car get an M line. If you want a 335i M sport to run like an M3 or M4 you bought the wrong car. Go look at a Vette Stingray, Cayman S, or the ISF if you like Toyotas.

Plus even my mildly modded sportline model F30 335i which comes with the M suspension package plus the tuned 14psi MAP2 I was running on the JB4 Stage 2 on the twin turbo inline 6, I still couldn't hang with a stock Cayman S.

He had me in the easy corners, the straights, the hair pins, no competition. Until we raced home....his top speed is in the 180s but takes a load of balls and stupidity to get up that speed. One thing I like about sedans versus coupes, our B pillars are our best friends.

Coupes you really have to know your surroundings and hope no bikes are around...in a sedan our B pillar is so tiny weaving is a breeze!

So in traffic I raped him by 12 minutes to dinner LOL.
but cayman S is like 20k $ more than 335i
which is M4 price.