01-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #71
chazmink
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshalltj
Ok, I'll call them on Monday. Looks like we have approx 15 people interested, but I'll count to double check and subtract a few.

Any additional questions I should ask?
Marshall, first, thanks for taking the lead on this.

My sense is that a group buy should result in a savings in either base cost or shipping. Since the headlights aren't actually made in Australia perhaps they could be drop shipped by the manufacturer. It might be possible to have a shipment to each coast and Europe and then have a volunteer redistribute. I am willing to serve as the east cost volunteer. That should result in a significant reduction in shipping cost.

One thing you might want to confirm with them is that you can specify that the headlights are for a left hand or right hand drive vehicle. Another thing to clarify is if payment is on a group basis or individually.

I do have one other thing you could ask them. Their listing and the photos seem to suggest that the lens is black. I am curious if it is available in clear and if the top of the housing is silver like OEM.

Thanks again for your initiative.

2013 328i MSport Estoril Blue, 6spd MT, Premium, Tech & Drivers Assist +, Bavsound Stage One/Ghost, Bimmertech Amp
Appreciate 0