Drives: F80 M3

Thumbs up BMW 4 Series M Sport Reveals More Aggressive Face Than 3 Series

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW 4 Series M Sport Reveals More Aggressive Face Than 3 Series
COMMENTS
Name:  f32msport3.jpg
Views: 25549
Size:  99.9 KB

If you couldn't already tell from the torrent of spy photos featured on the BIMMERPOST homepage, manufacturer testing season has opened on the Nurburgring.

On the track today was this F32 4 Series (435i) with M Sport package revealing for the first time the aggressive shape of the M Sport front bumper. Compared to the F30 3 Series M Sport front fascia, the 4 Series M Sport bumper is more angular, with air vents that angle upwards and expands as it gets closer to the outside of the front bumper. The side shot also shows that it incorporates splitter fins which extend quite far out, adding to the aggressive look.

The lighter camouflage also reveals what looks to be Air Curtain vents in the M Sport bumper (which improve air flow around the wheel arches and reduces turbulence).

The rear bumper and sideskirts' camouflage remains the same, but it's not difficult to make out their shape and lines.

This prototype wears the 19" M Sport wheels (Style 442 M) on the rear. The front wheels are from 3 Series M Sport package and will not be offered as a factory option for the 4 Series M Sport. The other M Sport wheel which will be offered are 18" Style 441 M wheels. You can see what that looks like in the 4 Series Dealer Order Guides (which also contains lines, options, packages information).

Production of the 4 Series coupe begins this July and the 4 Series convertible begins production in November. Expect a reveal before production begins.

The US will get the 428i and 435i coupes, in RWD and xDrive versions. In its first model year (2014), the 435i coupe will be powered by the same N55 engine as the current F30 335i sedan (with the same power output) and the 428i is likewise powered by the same N20 engine as the current F30 328i sedan.

For the latest in 4 Series news and updates, see: http://www.bimmerpost.com/4-series/

BMW 4 Series M Sport

4 Series M Sport vs 3 Series M Sport

Name:  f32msport-vs-f30msport.jpg
Views: 41168
Size:  272.6 KB

Appreciate 0