View Single Post
      01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #26
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
I just had Scott from scottwax opti-coat my jet-black F30. He spent about 4 hours polishing the dealer-installed scratches out of the car. The clear on the car is so soft that he had a hard time cleaning the car after polishing so he could apply the opti-coat without marring the paint again.

He suggested after the opti-coat only use ONR to clean it, apply with a microfiber applicator then dry with a super fluffy microfiber towel

btw it looks AMAZING now

Do this.. pay the few hundred it will cost you. have the paint corrected, the swirls polished out, and then have it opti-coated (if youa re going to put film on, do that right before the opti coat). Afterwards, use Opti products to wash it... 2 bucket is good but plain old water wash with new MF every time and a grit guard works well too.

Did all of the above to my black sapphire..many swirls and spiderwebs in the clear coat even when it had 35 miles from the dealer. Now it is flawless and remains so. Who ever claimed paint protection doesnt work is just wrong wrong wrong. Read this: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...st-review.html