02-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
Just like when I was a kid, the 2 (and a half this time) months of waiting seemed like forever. I read everything I could get my hands on about the car while I waited, dreaming about the day when it would arrive.
Hear hear. I think my dear fiancé is sick to death of my obsession with everything cars and BMW. Usually I know when to shut up when the audience has lost interest but I just need an outlet to talk to somebody about it! Btw, I am still waiting for my 328i which is expected in another 2 months! Oh the mixed feeling of agony and excitement.

Quote:
After some stalling (and prodding from my wife) I finally put it on the market. It sold to a nice gentleman from Oklahoma who seemed really excited about his purchase, and that made me happy, but I tell you I got choked up signing over the title.
I hope my E46 goes to a good home too. My family say it’s such a shame to sell it given how perfectly I have maintained the 2003 model. Such is life, not well off enough to maintain 2 Bimmers in the garage.

Quote:
Life moves on and so do we, but I will never forget tipping into the throttle for the first time 12 years ago on the onramp leaving the dealership, looking down and realizing I just crossed into triple digits.
Is that a quote from the Rosenthal video? I guess the sentiment rings true for many. Good luck with your car and may be pop out a review once you’ve spent more time with the F30.
Appreciate 0