Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Discuss it with your dealer. Some are understanding and some are pricks. Every car I buy gets modified. On my current daily driver ('07 Mustang) I replaced the entire suspension - i.e. springs, dampers, sway bars, wheels/tires, brakes and a bunch of other things including a twin screw roots-type blower running 15 lbs. of boost. I had very few problems during the warranty, but never once did the dealer refuse to repair it. They did try with a faulty brake pressure switch, but the upgraded brakes I installed were OEM from another model. I explained that both models use the same pressure switch so they agreed to repair it.

As I mentioned previously, a lot of dealers recognize that there's a fair number of enthusiasts who like to personalize their cars. A simple spring swap isn't a very drastic mod. It's also not likely to affect the ride all that much. The choice of dampers has far more of an impact on ride (no pun intended).

So when i talk to the dealer, who exactly would I have to take to, to work it out with first incase i ever do need to bring it in for warranty? Like do they note in the system under my car that they allowed me to spring swap and stuff and not lose warranty.
Appreciate 0