View Single Post
      01-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
MacBlack335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano10 View Post
I really like it!!! I miss the feel of the perforated leather on my e90 m sport wheel. That wheel has a lot going on with stitching, red stripe, and cf trim
Thanks, I love the wheel. Even with the cost not being a factor I'd probably take this wheel over the M Sport because it's unique and I like the thickness.

The stock Sport Wheel was like grabbing a piece of spaghetti. smile..

I thought of going all red stitching but decided on the red and blue.

The car is the Sport model so it's also keeping with look of the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 755MSL View Post
How does one go about ordering one of these custom steering wheels?
I sent my stock sport wheel to a custom steering wheel guy that took my stock wheel and re wrapped it. You can design it anyway you please. Color, leather, thickness and such.

In person this wheel looks awesome. Don't let the crappy pictures give you the wrong impression.

And I like the firmness of the wheel. I have the M Sport wheel on my 07 E90 and it's a little soft. This one has some give to it, but a little more firm.

The guy did an outstanding job on the wheel.

The good news is I keep my heated wheel option and dont have to buy a different air bag.

About $330 dollars to have it redone.. And if you add extras a little more like special leather and more added padding.

I did the CF wrap myself…. I’ve done quite a few complete cars so this was a piece of cake. It came out excellent.
Appreciate 0