View Single Post
      02-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
mocohead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i 6MT & 12 128i Msport

I have run a 99% stock brake setup a couple of times, including once on Hankook Z214 intermediate compound tires. FWIW I am an instructor and have run the car on a reasonably brake intensive track.

One modification I made to the stock setup may have helped - I cut the rear half off of the dust shields, and added some Porsche GT3 brake scoops to the lower control arms. It was a cheap and easy mod so even if it didn't really help (I didn't do before and after comparisons) I have no regrets.

The stock brakes were fine, although I admit to stretching my braking zones and not really hammering them. Still I had no fade and didn't boil the fluid. Likewise I experienced no fade at all during the two autocrosses in which I competed.

Sitting in my garage are some custom made and as yet unused CarboTech RP2 pads. We ran this compound on our LeMons car and I had them on my Evo. It is a great pad with high temperature ratings, good cold performance and excellent durability. I can't wait to try them out on my 328i.
Appreciate 0