View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
dude987
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport DHP

All Season Wheel Tire Combo

Decided to get the Enkei Racing PF01 rims (18.2 lbs/35mm offset) with the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position (Ultra High Performance All-Season 28 lbs) tires for this winter (46.2 lbs/wheel). Square 18x8 225/45R18 91W. As this is a regular tire and not a RFT, my plan is to carry a small compressor, slime plug kit, and a jack kit in the trunk to fix flats. I have a compressor and plug kit readily available. I'm somewhat at a loss for a small jack kit that will fit the F30.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations on where I can find a compact jack kit that will fit the F30 and is reasonably priced?

On another note, I recently saw a 2012 Porsche Carrera S promotional video clip and it had wheels very similar in design to the Enkei Racing PF01. At first, I wasn't too certain how it would look on the bimmer. But after seeing it on the Porsche, I'm now very optimistic that it will enhance the overall sports appeal on the bimmer.

The wheels were delivered with the TPM, tires installed, and balanced. Just waiting for the weather to cool down before making the swap from summer tires.

It will be interesting to check the weight of the OEM wheel/tire combination.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0