ilhan1103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 318 2012

Garage List
2012 318D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames
If you have the Enhanced Bluetooth & USB feature on your car, you merely plug the white Apple cable into the USB port and that supplies a digital audio feed to the iDrive system. You get complete control over for the iPhone in this manner, including fast menu access and album art

If you do not have that feature, you must use the BMW "Y" cable which feeds the audio from the iPhone into iDrive using the headphone input jack. This supplies an analog signal. You can still control the iPod with this feature, such as skip forward backward, and navigating through playlists. You don't get album art.

As for the quality of the audio, I've experienced both of these input methods and really can't tell the difference. The important thing here is that you need a Y cable with one option, and you get streaming and album art with the other option. Spend your money on whichever option makes you happy.

BJ
The option which would make me happy is too expensive. Besides its too late I already got the car.

Thanks for that explanation though, in my e90 the ipod over aux didn't sound as good as the same mp3s burnt on cd. So when you said analog I figured it'd be like that again. I don't care for the album art really I just want a decent sound (yes I got the stock speakers and I still bitch about sound quality )
Appreciate 0