11-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Dark Knight37
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
Not stupid at all. this was my first experience in buying wheels so I didn't know much.

The Enkei ones popped out easily enough so that was no big deal. I scoured the interwebs for a while trying to find someone who sold OEM center caps and not from a 20 year old 7 Series with not much luck. I also found a lot of stuff that said OEM, but looked like a decal. What looked legit seemed overpriced.

Ended up going to a local BMW performace shop called BimmerHaus right by where I work and they had four OEM caps from this generation. I got home and popped them in. Very snug fit too so I know they won't fall out or spin. Spent just under $60 which I didn't mind at all as BimmerHaus does free pre-track day inspections if you're a CCA member.
Very cool, thanks for the info. I am planning on buying those Momos I mentioned earlier for my 328 and was wondering how hard it would be to put BMW center caps on them. Doesnt seem to bad at all, just gotta find them. Thanks again.