02-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
If you don't mind driving a high-priced Toyota, sure, go ahead. Same with a Cadillac ATS or any one of the other BMW wannabes. You could also get a Mustang or Camaro or Charger/Challenter, for that matter. One thing for sure - none of them is a BMW.
I sense a bit of brand snobbery here, to say nothing of your comment's beingjust another form of ad hominem line of justification having no logical, or rational value.

Cadillac: Their ATS is a damn fine car and for all but at-the-limit driving is just as good as any 3er. Seeing as most people -- not most people on this forum, but in fact most people -- never even come close to driving at the limit, styling is all that distinguishes them. Read the recent reviews and and you'll see that most experts find the ATS to essentially be the 3er's equal. If Caddy continue on their current trend, they may have a car that surpasses the 3er. After all, consider that in it's first year of production, the ATS is already a very serious threat, more so than Lexus, Infiniti, Audi or MB's corresponding cars, to the 3er's reign as the world's top compact sport sedan.

Lexus: Lexus is now its own car brand; they are no longer sold outside the US as Toyotas. It has been since 2005. The IS family of cars are quite nice and for most folks the price variance between the IS and the corresponding BMW is more than compelling enough to make them worth considering. Moreover, they are more reliable than BMWs, especially if one plans to keep the car for longer than five years. With the F30's recent growth, it now offers more interior space than the IS, and it's certainly a more sporting car. More sporting, however, isn't a quality that most folks care about here in the US as there are very few places to exploit that aspect of the car.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0