02-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireline43 View Post
Ok, so I searched around a bit on the ED and I have questions. I have traveled to different countries around the world (portugal, romania, morrocco,inda, and most of south america). Out of all those countries portugal was the only one I felt comfortable in. I'm talking in terms like not everyone was trying to scam me or beg for money. So of course my questions are:
-how are the countries that you visit doing ED in terms of friendly people?
I went to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and France during my ED, and everyone was friendly. We we very obviously "tourists" in appearance and behavior.

Quote:
-How is the english speaking in those areas?
Generally pretty good. Italy is probably the least English-friendly. It helps to know the basics in all countries you'll be travelling to, i.e. please, thank-you, good morning, etc.

Quote:
-how is it with currency, will you need mostly cash/euros?
Yes, everything except hotels should be paid for with cash/euros.

Quote:
-with the driving around, is it crazy? Like india and south america i thought i was going to die the whole taxi rides. No one follows rules.
Italy is a bit crazy, mainly because there as so many motorcycles, and the roads are narrow.

Quote:
I travel for work, but I have honestly gotten a bad taste in my mouth from overseas travel. Every time I have asked someone a question in another country, it's like "let's try to scam this guy" and i can never get any information if I need it. maybe I'm just a poor traveler and need some lessons, so that's why i'm here!. I've looked at peoples pictures of their ED and was amazed and it looked so enjoyable, so i want to know the little details.
in other notes, I am traveling to lithaunia in 2 weeks.
I did not feel we were scammed, and we did quite the ED adventure. Only in Switzerland did I feel I was being ripped off at the prices of food, etc. But I understand that is one of the most expensive countries in Europe.
Appreciate 0