Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Excellent review, good read.

The one thing that surprised me was your take on the VSS and how you compared it to your E92. I wonder if everyone has that experience. If so, I'd regret not getting it lol.

Edit: Just read through some of your posts and you were complaining about the all-seasons. You're lucky that you got to chose that. I really wanted unstaggered all-seasons lol.
VSS was a pleasant surprise to me as well. Didn't know what to expect because I never drove a car with it. It's nice to put the car in Sport Mode and have nearly the same steering tightness as the E92. It however still doesn't feel as connected. One thing I always raved about the E92 was the 1:1 steering feel and how if you turn the wheel 10 degrees the car turns 10 degrees. On the other hand the "loose" steering is appreciated in parking lots and when in comfort mode coasting.

Yes, it was a huge relief to get Performance tires. I was getting all armored up for an epic battle to the finish at the dealership if it didn't have them!