View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #719
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I suspect this cool feature is on cars with a "lighting package" which I think may be standard on USA cars. (It's amazing how much more content USA cars have in the price.) And, this feature may apply to both the front and rear seats, but I've only confirmed it in the rear.

Open the a rear door and the LEDs in the rear light up in different intensities, depending on which door was opened. If you open the rear passenger's-side door, the LED puddles light on the passenger's-side rear seat and the driver's side rear seat, while illuminated, is less brightly lighted.

Open the other door and the lighting is reversed.

I've owned my car for over six months -- and I am STILL finding new things to love. These cars are amazing.
I missed out on the lighting package (cause the brochures said it would be included in the M Sport package, which it was not ) but I still have this feature. Iīve got the panoramic sunroof (Touring) and therefore the center headlight console doesnīt exist. What they have done is split it into two smaller consoles placed almost all the way out on the sides above the doors, do each passenger in the back has got a reading light with a button above the head and itīs this light that intensifies when the door is opened. This is, as you said, really cool

About your prices and value, what you pay for a fully loaded 335i over there would only give you a ~70% loaded 318d over here. And yet you get more stuff included in the base price, lucky bastards

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0