02-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
I know, I drove both extensively. It's just more torque FEEL in the 330d. Somehow. By far.
Obv if you like high revs, the diesel won't do. Personally I wouldn't mind a car with 5k rpm max, and 500 lb-ft at 1.5k rmp
Don't understand that you seem to ignore that the feeling of more torque is entirely and objectively based on the fact it also has massively more torque! 40% more than the 335i is a world of difference.

So on the dragstrip or on the circuit the 335i will probably be a little faster seen the advantage in hp, but in daily conditions, the 330d eclipses the 335i in the low and mid ranges by miles.

Seen the performance, I don't believe that you'll be exploiting the 335i above 5000 rpm during many occasions. Except when you commute over a closed high speed circuit? Consequently, the small benefit of the 335i is entirely in your head when you're dreaming.

When you like spirited driving, the consumption of the 330d will also be 30 to 40% less. Maintenance costs will also be a bit lower. The sound is not important to me, I personally dislike the free revving 6 inline noise of my 530i, certainly since it sounds dramatical, but the car has no poke to go along!

I can't deny: 330d for me all the way! The 335i is a very nice car, but the 330d is just so damned perfect.
Appreciate 0