View Single Post
      05-20-2015, 02:48 AM   #21
Mecanix957
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW335i

Hello.

I haven recently purchased a blackvue 6502ch dash cam unit, and had it installed by an auto electrician. I didn't want wires or cables in the cabin for little hands to play with or get tangled in.

It works fine, but the auto elec, did decide for some reason to install the front camera unit on the right hand side of the rear vision mirror... Meaning the lens is hard up on the right side of the mirror.

And the result is that the left side of the recorded vision, is cut off by the mirror, giving ~40 % reduction in the overall coverage, on the left hand front side of the view, but a blacked out view...not satisfactory at all, but not the end of the world either
They will rectify it on Friday this week for me.

My comment or question is... Does anyone have any suggestion as to where the optimal position is on the windscreen for the front camera unit, given the front rear vision mirror has rain sensor etc.

If I put the camera below the rear vision mirror's sensor coverage area ...it will end up being virtually sitting in the middle of the glass , to avoid blocking the sensors, and won't be up high .. Or out of sight so to speak.
It's not an option.
Any suggestions, advice as to a better working location?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Appreciate 0