View Single Post
      04-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
rconti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 3.5d, Clownshoe, Tesla 3

All I own is toys! Couple 2-seaters, one motorcycle (it took me to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska back in 2011)... and a few bicycles.

Since my M is setup for track and autocross, I'd like to pick something up that's a better all around/roadtrip vehicle (I don't really have a commute, so I don't need a commuter). That's why I had my eye out for the F31 touring. Definitely wanted a long range (diesel!) AWD (to blow by chain control in the mountains) 6 speed wagon to burn up the miles on roadtrips.

Sadly, BMW blew it horribly by only offering the slushbox in the F31, but now I'm in the habit of coming to this forum on an almost-daily basis, so y'all are stuck with me.

I couldn't care less about the sedans. I've never owned a sedan, don't plan on owning one, simply have zero interest. It's neither the most interesting form factor nor the most useful -- the F31 is more useful (and maybe the fugly 3GT) and the F32 is arguably more attractive (though I actually preferred the looks of the E90 to the E92).

The F30 is a fantastic car/DD/appliance, no doubt. From my test drives, it's more athletic than the competition. I just don't see getting all worked up about a family car -- 'round here, you see more BMW sedans than Ford sedans.
Appreciate 0