United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellerKiller View Post
If you had gotten perf. summer tires, you would have gotten the limiter set at 155.

I think the whole concept of limiters is about tires more than the car. Tires are rated to a certain speed. The best all seasons or winters I've found only rate to 135 mph or so. Then comes the factor of the car and whether or not it (chassis and brakes) can handle maneuvering and braking at that speed (or even getting there and sustaining it for that matter). Plus I'm sure there's some related legal matters that lead to the limiters being there in the first place...

It's a SEDAN. And not an M5. maybe with some serious engine upgrades you could make 160+ viable on the autobahn, but honestly, mine w/ summers starts to feel unstable at 155+ and like it's pushing too hard. Plus the fuel economy really starts to suffer at 100+.

If you do find a tune that gets rid of the limiter, let me know, but make sure you have your other variables under control.
I have to agree. Every time I hypothetically bust the century mark, I am thinking about a tire going bad, especially these runflats. That, and without that nice little aero lip for the trunk (which I'm sure I'll add soon enough), there's probably a decent amount of lift in the back. Ground clearance is also relatively high, so with that much air getting under the car, it makes 155 a realistic limit without lowering the suspension and adding a little more aerodynamics.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0