bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
I have a hard time believing a Ford Fiesta ST is that good. I really do.

Anybody driven one?
I don't know, but whatever shred of confidence Matt Farrah had left went out the window with this review.

I get it. The Fiesta ST is a great car, but that doesn't mean the M3 has to be a mediocre car, which is the impression I got from Matt's comments. When he said (4:10), "Revving it out isn't really... an adventure. You don't feel boost building. It's nothing... it's nothing to write home about, honestly," I almost closed the video.

In matters of subjective review, there is something called professional consensus. Professional consensus is the commonly held view of individuals who engage in said subjective measure as their profession. In other words, they hold some authority on the matter. Professional consensus is that the S54 engine is one of the best naturally aspirated, straight-six engines ever built. It revs to 8,000 RPM, has a wonderfully flat torque curve, and makes a very characteristic sound. That Matt can experience this engine with such a lack of enthusiasm tells me that he lacks taste in engines.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0