MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I don't know about NYK, I couldn't find anything either but I doubt we're going with that carrier. I also did other carriers but none really fit into our schedule. No worries though, I have a gut feeling that those waiting for a Westcoast ship are loaded onto the Tortugas, that one is going away today (well, today in Germany, it's still 'yesterday' for me (24th here)):

If you think about it, it makes sense. The cars you currently see listed on the 2wglobal.com site are already gone for a while. For example, a day ago it was showing a ship as just being loaded but that same ship was already in Scandinavia for a day according to various other sites. The tracking at WW has a delay of about 2 to 3 days. Give it until Monday, the Tortugas should be listed by then at the very latest. Also, if we're indeed on the Tortugas, your dealer is also able to tell you this tomorrow (the 25th) as their tracking should be more real time (according to the stories I heard/read).

Besides, I cannot imagine that some of us, who like me were finished last week with their build (mine was done on February 15), will have to wait another week, or even two (if you have to go to the Westcoast) before the car gets shipped. I doubt that this will happen.
the crazy thing is how much time is between some of the ship dates? because my status is "waiting for a carrier" today, i doubt i will make it on the Tortugas. which means my car which completed production on 2/24 will sit for over 2 weeks before it leaves Germany on the Asian King (departs 3/10)?? that seems incredibly inefficient, and i would expect BMW to have more efficient supply chain in this day in age.
Sorry to hear that Matt. I was at 'released to a carrier, waiting for transport to port of exit for 10 days. Then I was at being transported for a few more and as of today the system says I am at the port of exit awaiting a ship. I am cautiously optimistic that the timeline I am seeing is a few days delayed which would suggest I'm on the Tourgas. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0