View Single Post
      09-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #101
boomn29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigibombom View Post
r u sure u r not on "sport shifting" mode( e.g. pull the lever to the left but not in manual.S1,S2, ....)? if so, the ASS is equivalent to off. I had it installed but now just have about 100+ miles on it since then. so far everything works fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigibombom View Post
I have experienced the similar thing the other day. I was in sport mode and giving a couple of smashes on the throttle on the highway then when I came to a light, ASS didnt work. I continued normal driving style on semi-highway and for couple stops ASS still didnt work. A day after, I used my car again and ASS started functioning normally. So my guess will be that once the computer detects the performance driving style it will signal to disable ASS to maintain its "mode" to not to give the engine too many fluctuations to protect it(hypothetically speaking, from high performance to shut down might not be good for any engines). that was just my guess and I am no expert. But since your case the ASS wont come back which is definitely an issue. Sounds like ur dealer really know what they r doing so i think you r in good hands. happy driving lol.
Gotcha. Dropped it off this morning to look into the ASS not functioning.
Fwiw; it's 57 degrees this morning and I drove in via Comfort mode only. Never gunned it, never manually shifted; drove like a grandma basically because of traffic. Probably 4+ stoplights over 10 miles and it never shut off. Before the M-PPK it would have each time.

I'll report back later today probably...
Appreciate 0