03-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
NBT? You mean the latest iDrive set ups we have in the F3x? If so then I believe it's always been possible. I could only play DVDs on my 2011 E91 with Pro Media but all the F3x I've driven with Pro Media could play video off the USB. I have a rather good Skyfall BD rip on mine atm

This doesn't take away from your previous coding trickery though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I have lots of videos on my 32gb USB stick and this was the reason I wanted to enable video in motion. Works perfectly.
One of the test vids was a 720p mkv file, so would require a beefy processor. Car was playing it nicely!

Not sure i have the discipline to not watch a movie while in motion though. So my rule is to play cartoons / animated films etc for my 2 children while driving.

Now if it was only a powered usb port, i'd stick an external drive in there. lol

No wonder the Pro Media is £2k. Think BMW need to market this properly. It's effectively a PC in a car. You can go on the net, sat nav, watch movies.

Now can it make a brew?
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0