RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
So let me see if I understand this...you want to get compensated because your backup camera is flaky? The dealership is taking too long to fix it? It hasn't had to be towed in or left you stranded somewhere?

First, try another dealership; second, look at the big picture - nobody's going to "lemon" your car because the backup camera isn't working properly. They've given you a loaner each time, so you have transportation. I'd probably agree with compensation against your car payment because of how long they've been keeping it. After 4 BMWs since 2001, I've never had mine in the shop for more than 2 days max. It sounds like a dealership/technician competency problem, not an issue with your car, which apparently is mechanically sound.

My suggestion: ask them for a comped car payment, and insist they replace the entire camera assembly - wiring, camera, everything. Failing that, have them open a case with BMW - while you are driving your car, and don't take it back in until they figure out what to do about it. Personally, I've never had a car with a rear-view camera and don't care if I ever do, but it's the principle of the feature not working.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0