View Single Post
      03-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoptb View Post
This isn't unique to BMW, unfortunately. The thing is that the navigation software doesn't act intuitively. For example, if there are multiple turns coming up with a short interval between them, the arrows will guide you in one direction (to avoid a turn that you're not even considering) and then quickly change for the next turn. This always happens when driving West on I-70 in Columbus and changing to OH-315 N. The navigation system signs say to follow I-70 W until you are right at the exit for OH-315, then it changes.

Best rule of thumb -- zoom out on the map to see where the navigation is ultimately guiding you through an intersection and use common sense. I always try to get an idea from the route list prior to entering an area with lots of turns in a short time frame.
Haha, I know this turn well. Lived in Columbus for a little bit when going to OSU, and you're absolutely right, navigations hate this turn. Even navigations from Porsche and Audi.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0