View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #237
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
If I understand correctly? People are up in arms about this because potentially the door has opened to new customers who would like a BMW instead of a domestic , Japanese or Korean therefore allowing BMW to further capitalise on the 3er for the US Market allowing BMW to jump ahead of its competitors .

Why should we not offer a model to our US customers ? That according to my stateside colleagues is potential growth because these buyers that purchase domestic etc are more likely to pay outright rather than lease. In Europe we can offer the 3er as a 318d yet no one is up in arms about exclusivity. Anyone who would like a BMW is considered a target customer because it has shown that these customers will stay with the brand and that is what we would like to see in the long run. I am sure there are people here on this forum who are interested in this open door because now they can have a 3er a model they probably thought would be out of reach. And I would gladly hand them their key to their 3er their first and possibly not their last BMW.
Because people that get mad at the thought of "posers" owning 320i's are actually themselves posers, whose perception of their own cars depend on who else owns one. A real car enthusiast wouldn't give a crap about "brand dilution" as long as he can buy the car he wants.
Appreciate 0