shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Does anyone know how trip import/export works for the Nav? I read earlier that someone here was able to enable that feature. Do you have to have BMW Assist? Also I enabled BMW Online and BMW Internet on HU_CIC and it didn't enable any extra options. I know I probably have to play with the VO to really do something but would leaving these settings enabled do any harm to the head unit/computer?

Google Maps is a better and more efficient tool to generate routes than the BMW Navigation System. You have the flexibility to change routes as you wish and select specific roads from point A to point B. The attached manual (and program) describes how you can generate trip files that can be imported into your BMW Nav system. This is possible thanks to the great programing work of our fellow fester, Aussie40d, from the E70 forum. Enjoy.

JEG23

Google Maps to BMW Nav.pdf

Convert Google Maps and Google Earth to BMW V1.0.3.xlsm.pdf

Remove .pdf extension

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0