04-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #37
FreddyG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Luxury Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Let me clarify this.
ModMyNav is our dealer but they also carry their own products - mainly rear/front camera kits. You can ask Kris to tell you what you are getting but if you did not ask for the OEM solution then you will be getting the ModMyNav not BimmerTech kit.

The camera is integrated in the trunk handle like OEM camera and the trunk handle is made of OEM-like material.
Finally the price will be much lower than the OEM kit.
Thanks for the clarification!

Kris (modmynav) installed a backup camera in our F30 a month or two ago and if it was yours, then Thanks, because it works like OEM. If it's their own, then it works as well as anything out there. It was plug and play and uses the same OEM camera/handle setup as BMW does. One of the nicest things about it is that not one wire was cut/spliced to make it work. I sat there watching him the whole time and can vouch for that too.

As far as the camera, it's bright at night in low light situations, has backup lines, and you can turn it on and off while moving forward. I find this Very useful for tailgaters, in that I can turn the camera on to get a license plate number, in case something happens.
Appreciate 0