Nitz99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW F30 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver911 View Post
Nice pics...
compare the car to E92...i made the same switch and would like to know how it compares
Thanks, everyone!

I can't fully compare the F30 to the e92 yet because I haven't revved above 4000 RPM so I'm still not aware of the full capabilities of the engine (my e92 had the N54 engine and this as I'm sure you know has the N55). Though from the throttle response I've experienced so far I don't think I'll be disappointed. As for the ride of the car, the F30 is much smoother and handles the many imperfections of the NYC streets really well. I welcome this because I was always cringing in the e92 when I hit even a small bump or pothole in the road. I should mention that I did not get the adaptive suspension so I'm not sure how that would change this.The handling of the car has been very good but again since I haven't opened it up yet I can't give a full review. The steering is something I was worried about at first, especially after reading several things around here about it feeling "light". I can tell you that in Eco Pro and Comfort mode the steering does feel very light but in Sport mode the car feels great. The e92 steering was probably a little bit heavier than the F30 in sport mode but after driving the F30 for a week it's something I can't really recall and don't miss so it must not be a huge difference. From the drivers seat the car doesn't feel much bigger than my e92 at all. In certain instances the F30 actually feels a bit more nimble. The sport seats are even more comfortable than the e92 seats were and the driver oriented dash makes you feel right where you belong. In case you haven't already gathered this from my review, I absolutely love the car. I won't even get into the tech gadgets that could be equipped inside and out but they just make the entire experience all the better. Great job once again, BMW!
Appreciate 0