View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #251
jamesems
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
very very nice. Congrats James. How much stiffer would you say the ride is? When you say its how it "should" be, do you mean in terms of body roll or do you prefer a lot firmer of a ride.

Im pretty sure I want to do this, but my main concern is too stiff of a ride, as it has to be wife and baby approved. Wife is fine with a sporty feel, but can't be as harsh as a 'true sports car" if that makes sense.

Would you say it's simply more athletic or is it noticeably harsher over bumps?
I know it's subjective but let me do my best. I think BMW states its about 30% stiffer. I assume stiffer than the sport lines standard suspension. I would say this is accurate. The bumps and road feel are more noticeable but not jarring. The crispness in lane change and improved drive feel are much more precise. There is virtually no body roll.

I drove a loaner home today. A 328i coupe and the road noise seemed a little less than this new suspension so I feel the trade of is worth it. If you're spouse doesn't mind sporty then she most likely wont mind this upgrade. But also consider that if you live in a rutted area with lots or road imperfections, it might wear on you. Is sunny San Diego, the roads only suck because of differed maintainence. But generally they are pretty good. So driving with this set up is good for the most part.

Hope this helps and sorry for typos iPhone published
Appreciate 0