07-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #15
Eau_Rouge111
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i and 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
IMSA races are pretty cool like that. Much better access than some of the more popular series. We're making the Rolex 24 at Daytona an annual thing, and then picking other races throughout the year (hoping to hit Petit LeMans this year). I love how you can walk around to the tables and meet the drivers, hang out on the track before the race, walk through the pits with all the cars and drivers out there. I even saw a lady climb in to a GTD Porsche 911 R as her husband proposed. IMSA runs a great series! I'm so glad BMW is a part of it
Agreed...can't beat the access...not to crap on Indycar or F1...having gone to both before as well, you are pretty much confined to one small spot to watch from and access is limited everywhere...not to mention it costs a FORTUNE to attend those two series...now IMSA...as long as they keep doing it the way they are doing (and I speak about MOSPORT as that's they only event I'm familiar with personally), I'll keep going. I have not missed a Mosport IMSA race since the good old days in the early 2000s where all the manufactures were involved etc and again...as long as they keep it open access as they do...I'll keep going!

Last edited by Eau_Rouge111; 07-10-2017 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0