Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattu
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
In my E90, the fan speed adjusts automatically depending on the temperature I set with the knob. There is of course a separate button to adjust fan speed, but I don't have to adjust it too often. Did this change with the F generation cars?
No, there is automatic mode in the F30...It's a round button that reads "AUTO" inset in the left temperature dial. In the manual, there is a section about controlling how fast the cabin air is circulated, but it's still part of the automated climate control. Maybe he's talking about the vent temperature setting at the top of the dash? BMW's have had that radial temperature switch at least since the E46...my ZHP had it. I could see how someone new to the brand would find that annoying.
The E90 has an 'Auto' button as well. But depending on the internal temp of the car, the fan blows faster or slower depending on what temp I dial in. If I hop in on a summer day and start the car with the Auto button pushed, the fans run very fast, but as the temp levels out, they slow down. Maybe you're right, and he was referring to the dial built into the dash near the vent? The auto climate control works pretty well for me, but I agree, it could be a lot simpler.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0