View Single Post
      11-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #122
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajhik View Post
The increased top speed limiter comes with the M-sport line. In the past the PPK's have came with oil coolers to be added on, not sure if that was the case with the E9x's or not.

Its 1370 MSRP, right now through Dec 31 the dealers are getting %10 off, so knock off another 137 bucks. I dont know how you guys negotiate your deals but we dont sell parts at invoice to customers, nor our cars but it might be different in bigger metro areas. Dealer cost is right at $1000.

There is no part number for the f30 yet, right now its only available as a port installed acc. It just became available so I am sure a part # will be avilable soon. You can figure out the labor if your trying to add this on after the fact, itl probably be in the 1500 range installed (MSRP).
The M sport has the higher speed limiter only if you didn't order the all season tires. Ordering the AS tires removes the higher limiter. It's shown/worded on the order sheet. i was considering AS tires for my Msport, but I didn't like the low performance AS BMW choose. I got S001's on my Msport, but am installing much better AS tires very soon.

Really the higher speed limiter is due to the higher speed rating of the summer tires BMW installs. If they had simply choose to install AS tires with a higher speed rating this would not be an issue.
I would think that is someone with an Msport and AS tires installs new tires will higher speed rating, then there is no reason not to let them install it.
After all, it's not like Msports with AS tires have lower power output to begin with, they have the same stock power, the only difference being the lackluster lower speed rating of using lower performance AS tires.
Appreciate 0