View Single Post
      10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #44
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32
Elk, try not to have any sort of technical discussion with 300hp. His extent of knowledge only goes as far as car magazines and manufacturer brochures.
I had not seen this. Why would anyone with more in depth knowledge about engineering (I am not an engineer) not want to test their theory against observations made in the established magazines. That to me would be dumb. If you have a thesis that says rwd is faster than awd all the time, from 30, whatever the case may be. Then the auto magazines should be pure heaven for you since you can confirm this thesis.

One of the arguments I have had with Elk and I can confirm he knows more that I do is he believes xdrive should under steer more than rwd. I told him this is not being observed by the automotive journalists, the S4 seems to exhibit this more than the xdrive. See those two articles I put through to you. At least he has never shied away from what is being said and instead he just told me he is an instructor for high end vehicles.

Out of respect for him I will believe what he said and honestly he has stuck to his word from day one, never wavered from his position on that.

Now your turn to say something that we can confirm.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0