View Single Post
      01-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #8
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

^^Since I have 320 I only have the regular ZF 8 speed step, not the sport automatic. I wonder how Sport + compares to regular sport on mine? Yeah manual mode with the sport mode selected is really impressive in terms of speed of shifts, throttle response and control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
I generally just use comfort mode. With the diesel there is ample torque at low rpms to negate the need to have sport mode hold me in a gear longer.
Yeah, the 328d has a lot of low end. I find comfort mode to generally be the smoothest in terms of transmission behavior and will probably use it more after I get Stage 1 since it'll add a decent amount of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
In my 535i when I'm in Sport mode and move the stick to DS mode, the gear box drops another gear. So rather than one ratio lower, it is now two gears lower at about 60 mph cruising speed.

HighlandPete
Mine too. I like the instant drop a gear w/out having to kickdown or anything. Comfort mode and putting the lever in the sport gate drops it down to 7th gear and sport drops down to 6th since sport locks out 8th gear even @ freeway speeds. Makes freeway passing pretty seamless.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1

Last edited by Kafkaesque328; 01-18-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 0