View Single Post
      12-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Have only owned my 2k15 335i Msport for 2 weeks, so while stopped in downtown Brooklyn, rush hour, bumper to bumper traffic ,some clown looking at his cell phone hit me in the rear right in front of the police. Right in front of them.Happened last Wednesday 12/20/17 with the kids in the car. Thankfully they were fine but my 5 year old was spooked and was crying. Thankfully also most of the damage is cosmetic on the rear bumper and a small dent on the trunk. Paint has fractured stress lines from side to side and the tow cap is damaged. Cameras and sensors seem to be working fine. However the bumper looks ugly and the rest of the car mint brand new.
Just unreal. Driver of the other car a 2k10 ML350 gets out car and asks me why did I stop I just looked at him with disgust, and decided not to pick his ass up and body slam him because the police were right there with us and witnessed the whole thing . Retard did not realize that traffic was stopped. I mean really!!

Long story short his company Geico got the police report and have claimed 100% liability and will fix the car and pay for a rental. I will be bringing her to Rallye BMW Tuesday morning to get fixed.

By the way to the OP,Double parking here in NYC you take at your own risk. Even normal parking i hate to say. Lots of us do it(DP) here including Emergency service vehicles. It creates a very dangerous situation. Tickets are given at discretion of traffic officers.
Parking in NYC is the absolute worst,thank God for Uber!! I park my car then call Uber in many cases where I know my final destination will have no parking.
Appreciate 0