Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 330d /// M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
Hidden files, that's a good call.
I'm not sure how to check that though? :/
I just don't understand, I'm quite technically minded and normally this stuff is easy but I think I'm following the instructions to the letter but it just doesn't seem to pick up the changes I want.

What part of the instructions were you not following property maybe I'm making the same mistake!
If I remember correctly, they sent those instructions in an email and I wasn't waiting long enough in the beginning. Tried so many times, I thought I would break it so before completely giving up on it, I did exactly what the instructions said on a new USB drive with only that file and it worked. (if I recall, it said wait 40 or 45 seconds before shutting car off but please don't quote that haha) The drive was just a simple 4GB.

No problem, I'm work in I.T. so I'm used to it mate. To enable hidden file extensions in Windows, open ANY folder and at the top, you will see ORGANIZE. Click on that then choose FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS. Under the VIEW tab at the top, look for the option that says "Hide extensions for known file types"....it is checked by default in Windows, which means it might not show that file extension. Uncheck the box, click APPLY then look at the file again. My update file looks like this (without the quotes of course) "UPD43102.BIN".

Hope it works out for you! If it's any consolation, I cannot figure out how to even get that E-SYS coding thing going and I'm an IT guy! lol, it's not as easy as it looked so I did give up on that. Guess I can live without the auto windows up/mirrors in when holding lock and the LED running lights -> was going to up the brightness at night and code the "brow" to be on by default. Lastly, I was going to unlock the 2TB.
I'll give that a try... I feel so thick struggling with simple plug and play