View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

Bootmod3

I'm pretty sure I was the first n20 with this. I got PTF to unlock it (cost $100), but it was a pain to crack compared to the N55 ecu and they may not crack them anymore, or it will be more expensive to do. But Ricardo@ACFPerformance said they will do them at ACF.

Now that my DME is unlocked and has the bootmod3 patch anyone can tune it. I chose ACF because they have a lot of experience with n20's and are a great team!

Anyway I installed a Stage 2 Turbo upgrade (was already FBO running a Stage 2 tune) and needed a Stage 3 tune to match.

Ricardo took his stage 3 from Brazil (which is designed for their E100 flex fuel) and made some adjustments for my 93 octane and sent me the file. I logged onto bootmod3 app, pulled in the new tune and then setup my laptop with the bootmod3 agent software as well as connecting it to the OBD2 port with an Enet cable. Then flashed the DME. Following that I ran it on the Dyno and we made some adjustments, and then reflashed it. It literally takes about 2 minutes to flash. Also I flash it back for dealer visits.

In theory once you have BM3, and the original 4mb stock file anyone that knows what they're doing can write you a new file and send it to you and you can pull it into BM3 and flash it.

With BM3 when you buy a license you normally get a stock OTS tune as part of the deal. There weren't any when I did this (price for being first) so I then had to buy the tune on top. But my guess is once BM3 takes off with N20's there will be Stage 1, 2 and even 3 tunes in the OTS vault.
Appreciate 0