View Single Post
      06-11-2021, 01:54 PM   #142
SPYLI
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 428i cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayfunny View Post
Seen the "No Signal" on the HU and been looking around for a solution but could not find straight forward answer. Yes there is the Technical bulletin but it seems that a low voltage will give you the same 'No signal'. interestingly i know the HU was good because when putting in reverse the backup camera will display properly then back to Drive and No signal will appear after breif flickering!

I have a retrofit backup camera and did some coding with Esys but all worked perfectly with no issue for the past 3 years. I know my original battery is due for a replacement but still, it is going strong.

What solved the issue for me what to recharge the battery overnight. not driven much lately but that solved the problem so wanted to share.

hope this helps someone
Cheers

2014 F30
Hello there. So you believe it is because there are accessories draining power from the battery and thus causing low voltage and error signal? Could you please show me how you connect the backup camera in your panel? Mine situation is when i run the car in comfort mode, without air-con is on, the idrive auto boot after 15 min drive. But when I tried to switched on the air-con again, things getting back to normal .
Appreciate 0