View Single Post
      06-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #15
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
Plenty of people are getting 2013s for $0-500 over invoice ("invoice" referring to the vehicle base + vehicle options + destination fee, without adding MACO/Training/Etc. fees.)
You have a good handle on things regarding buying a vehicle.

The only thing I do not agree with you on is the "MACO and training" fee.
You've written in other threads that those fee's are NOT part of the "invoice". In fact, they ARE part of the invoice.
If you want a $500 over invoice sale, then you ask to be shown the actual invoice of the car you want, and add $500 to it.
The invoice will show the "MACO and training" fees.
Also, on bmwconfig.com, "training" is shown on the invoice, because it is part of the invoice.

Now, it is absolutely true that one could negotiate a selling price such that MACO and training are removed. But that would then mean that you are negotiating a below invoice deal. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's great if you can get the dealer to sell you a 3 for under invoice.
So, if your MACO and training add up to $450, then you ask for a selling price reflecting an additional $450 off, then you'd be getting the car for $450 below invoice.

I just think it's best to inform people correctly of what "invoice" actually is, and then inform people that they can try to negotiate below invoice.
If people get the wrong idea that MACO and training are not part of the invoice, then their going to get upset when it's included, thinking it shouldn't be. By knowing that MACO and training are part of the invoice, then they can tell their dealer they will pay $500 above invoice MINUS MACO and training. Then they can find out if their dealer will do that sale.
Then the customer is fully informed.
When people ask if $500 over invoice is a good offer, then they need to know that BMW invoice will include MACO and training.

I'm sure the reason why bmwconfig.com shows training fee, and doesn't include MACO, is because MACO is a regional fee and it varies according to market. Training fee is a set fee, MACO is variable. Some small markets may not have MACO at all, and larger markets may have a $300 or more MACO.

This is my 3rd BMW, and on each one the invoice included and showed MACO and training fees.
I offered my dealer $500 above actual invoice knowing that MACO and training will be on there, because it is part of the "invoice".

Other than that detail, I think you've got great information to offer to those with questions.
Appreciate 0