Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
This +1.

Bmw autox events classify even the n20/26 in the same class as n54/55 because it would be unfair to non //M e46's. even the f30 328i is considered to have an edge over the 330. And its pretty sporty to me. I came from a 400+/400+ to all four wheels evo.

I dont understand ppl who talk about sport "feel" and "handling" and whatever performance shit you want to talk about when all they do is drive from point a to point b. of course its gonna feel not so sporty. Try taking it out to a track. It'll feel plenty different.
I still own an E46 and also have an E92 (w/ Sport Pkg). When I drive them back to back, the E46 definitely has more road feel, more precision and you're more connected to the road. The E92 is definitely more refined and relatively more luxurious but you're also more isolated from the road, which I notice from driving them back to back. I definitely prefer driving the E46 and is a big reason why I still have it.

If the F30 is even more isolated than the E90/92 (as the reviews are saying), then to me BMW is going in the wrong direction and explains why it's losing (or winning by less margin) many comparison battles.

My E46 is now a decade old and I'll be in the market again, this time looking at the F80 and hope that it loses some fat compared to it's predecessor and does better at going back to BMW's roots.
Appreciate 0