View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #277
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328inGE View Post
seriously man, this is why the 328i vs 335i debates wont stop. out of 150+ posts in this thread, you choose to respond to the 1 or 2 posts that includes a 328i? first you argue that the handling difference between the two is not there even though we know there is a weight difference and its been reviewed by non-fanboys that there is a difference, if not just in feel alone. then you even try to argue that MPG difference is minimal as well? You want people to believe that BMW built the N20 lighter and more fuel efficient but it still is not better than the N55? Sorry dude, you have some good posts, but just not believing that, especially since they are replacing the N55 soon. 335i owners try to act as if its 328i guys pumping their chests but 99% of the examples I see on this forum its the other way around.
Easy, don't get your panties in a bunch.

I never said there was "NO" difference. I said that the difference is exaggerated. That's a distinction and difference.
I've driven many 328's and there is a bit more litheness to the front end.
It ain't no night and day as some seem to claim.

Where do I pump my chest?
I don't do that, and I don't see 99% of 335i owners doing so either.
Perhaps like the MPG claim, that claim is also exaggerated.

Now, on to "lighter" weight.
The unladen difference is like 110lbs.
Curb weight difference is even less at around 89lbs.
89lbs! That's less than most girlfriends.
Oh no! I let my girlfriend in the passenger side and now my handling is so way off, kinda like driving a 335i!!!

As for MPG, until we have real numbers that assertion will be questioned by me.
Since you've read some of my posts you'll also know that I have never said that the 328i doesn't have better mpg over the 335i.
I question how much the difference is, considering how much emphasis 328i owners put on it.
Is a 1-2mpg difference a big deal to anyone buying a sport sedan?
By the comments made one would thing the difference is like better than 5-6mpg.
Prove it. It's a reasonable request.

I always see people posting the magical on and at highway speed 38mpg!.
Yeah, you probably do see it there.
BUT, what is your overall MPG measured by the tired and true method.

There is easily more difference in MPG between 328i cars than there is actual difference between a 328i and 335i equally driven.
Appreciate 0