BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORALLROT View Post
I just found out my car has a front collision warning system. I had no clue. I guess it's nice? Or, I could just drive with my eyes open, ya know.

You should have seen the CA's face when she discovered that my car had the front collision warning system while delivering my car. She was sincerely puzzled. She kept going back and forth between the nav screen and the window sticker just in utter disbelief.

What does the "front collision warning system" do? Did you order anything close to a driving assistance package?

Okay, got a cool one if you have rear entertainment.

You can put a video on all three screens (front and two rear).

But, if you leave the car running and want to go so somewhere for a few minutes, a message will go on the idrive screen complaining the key fob is missing with the engine running.

But, here is a trick if you want to have the video continue to play on all three screens whine you leave the car for a few minutes. Trust me, this looks sweet when you have video on all three screens. In fact, I have a BMW trailer that show the BMW logo on all three screens and it plays in an endless loop. It looks really cool.

But, the idrive message complaining the key is missing screws it all up. So here is what you do:

1. Get video to play on all three screens whine engine running.
2. Exit car (car is in park)
3. Open trunk.
4. Depress lock button on fob to lock car.
5. Press the right side (lock) button on the inside of the trunk lid. This will close trunk and lock car. But, it also keeps nasty idrive message from ruining your front screen display. Make sure you follow step 4 above or this button is deactivated while engine running!
Appreciate 0