View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #18
crowed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
The Speed Limit display (8TH) option in my F30 uses both the camera mounted in the rear view mirror to detect speed limit signs (as well as temporary speed limit signs and variable speed limit signs on gantries), and the information stored in the satnav (in the UK this option can only be chosen in combination with satnav).

As to the audible warning, this can be set to either a specific speed, e.g. 75mph, or the current speed of the vehicle, or whatever the speed limit is as detected by the Speed Limit display, or it can be switched off altogether.

In the few miles I've done I'd say the Speed Limit display is accurate most of the time, plus it picks up changes within a few yards.
Thanks for the clarification! Does the nav-screen also show the speed limit info for the road you are currently on, or does it only appear on the HUD? I was wondering if I needed to get the 'Speed Limit Info' option to display data stored in the navigation. I don't really care about having it pop-up on the HUD if it will show up in the nav screen anyway
Appreciate 0