View Single Post
      08-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@bmwhn View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone run the HR super sports with the M-adapative suspension yet so its hard to say for sure. They should work with no issue but I don't know what effect they will have on handling/ride quality

I've been running the HR sports for two days with no problem (didnt really expect to have any). In terms of ride it seems to have firmed up a bit, haven't noticed to much "bouncy-ness" but then again I've only put 30 miles on them

I'm hoping that BMW or Dinan will release a system specifically developed for the M-adaptive suspension in the near future.

-Scott
The ride is definitely bearable... but how annoying it will become really depends on your threshold for comfort. My particular dissatisfaction is only rooted in the possibility that the car CAN be lowered and CAN be as comfortable as stock but with better performance. Unfortunately, the H&R springs alone do seem to make the performance better (real tests might prove otherwise) by making the car overly stiff and bouncy.

One way to see how bouncy the car is on H&R Sport Springs is to take it on the freeway at night. Drive in the fast lane and look at your headlight beam on the side freeway barrier. Compare it to the other car's lights. You will definitely see your car bouncing around everywhere on every little bump. I know that some bounce is characteristic of a stiff car. But for a 1" drop (Sport Line), it's unacceptable to me. It would've been totally fine on my Acura Integra 15 years ago, but not on a BMW.

But it's what I expected on a $300 upgrade. It was a temporary solution for me. And a way to review it and let people on this board know. Some folks believe the H&Rs alone ride better than stock and should have come that way from the factory. That is absolutely nuts unless you like stiff bouncy ride that bottoms out on medium dips.

Thankfully all the coilover suspension solutions are coming out now. I thought I would have to wait longer, but I'm quite happy about getting in a set.

Hope this has helped.
Appreciate 0