View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Since I'll likely get some questions - here's my feedback of the suspension after install -

I have the adaptive (EDC) suspension and Dynamic Handling Pkg. There is no discernible difference in bounciness or stiffness in either Comfort or Sport mode. No tire rubbing to report with stock tires sizes. The chassis feels well sorted and is able to soak up bumps nicely. It certainly looks much better lowered, as well. I plan to get the Dinan Shockware installed which further improves compression and dampening. This Dinan EDC software is receiving rave reviews. From what I hear, this is how the suspension should have been tuned in Munich.

Comfort Mode -
Noticed that the ride actually felt "smoother" in comfort mode, due to the springs dialing out some of the float that was associated with the stock setup. The ride felt a touch bouncy in this mode on the drive home after install, but still every bit as compliant over bumps.

Sport Mode -
Ride quality felt about 90% as compliant over pavement imperfections and bumps. On hard cornering, body lean was reduced a bit. Body float is slightly reduced; this is most noticeable with quick steering inputs, pavement waves (especially mid-corner), and at high speeds. The car feels a bit more planted as a result.