View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

I just picked up my classic line today with actually the 2 packages you're talking about (premium and lighting)
that's all I bought but I've been with BMW for ages and I can give you some insight
one thing you have to keep in mind though: without lighting package you get no projectors as well so unlike most Japanese cars nowadays if you just put in hid bulbs you will be blinding everyone if you don't aim your headlights down that is.
it also comes with auto headlamps (self leveling and adaptive) which helps illuminate better while turning and when you are driving faster the lights aim up a bit so you can see further
also you get the iconic BMW angel eyes (must have!)

premium pack is where I kinda screwed myself up
*IT DOESN'T COME WITH COMFORT ACCESS!*
so everyone be warned...if you buy classic line the premium pack doesn't come with comfort access..
but anyways that's my mistake...
honestly though premium pack is not worth it I could've lived without a sunroof and folding back seats but the only reason I bought premium pack was for the comfort access...which isn't included
and once you get premium pack your stuck with the wood looking trim..which I don't like (but im 21) makes me look old
if I was more aware I would've gotten navigation pack instead of premium

sound quality wise I'm not big into quality when it comes to cars so I find it acceptable but it's definitely nothing compared to my home theater setup or even my computer setup.

the 17 rims are nice if you're going to replace them anyways but one thing is (again where I screwed up)
*BMW CHANGED THE BOLT SIZES FOR THEIR HUBS*
I've owned 3 bmws all of which are 3 series (E46 E90 E90LCI and now an F30) and they have never changed the bolt thickness until this generation.. I bought a set of rims for my last E90 and now they don't fit because the bolts are too fat to fit into the holes in my rims. so beware not every rim that's 5 x 120 will fit.

when it comes to auto dimming mirrors i had them in my E90 pre LCI and didn't get them in my LCI but soon after I noticed it really makes a huge difference when people with blinding non projectord hids are behind you so I would get that for sure

sport seats I'm too fat for so they aren't comfortable at all to me

as far as servotronic...I can't feel the difference from the sport line
neither could a buddy of mine (who owns a sport line)

one note is if you don't get navigation package or driver assistance package (I think)
you don't get the nice digital fuel consumption monitor with the color screen and what not.

ove always got leatherette instead of real leather because it's easier to clean and doesn't crack with age from what I know of
since its some type of plastic

hope that long post helps
Appreciate 0