BimmerHJ
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamilton View Post
+1 Please, we need as many people as possible to write to BMW. They need to understand this problem is wide spread and it's not "normal" which is currently my most hated word.
I sent an email to BMW Group Canada as like this;

----------------
That's too bad.
Please check the BMW online forums on the link below to see how many owners are affected by the seat frame rust issues.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777392

And I believe you have to forward this message and the above link to your supervisor or BMW Service HQ.

For your reference and in summary (because the forum's thread is too long to read all...)

1. At first, "rusty seat frame" issue (F30 chassis only) was reported from Hong-Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea and Australia early this year.
2. And many USA and EU customers reported the same issue later.
3. Couple weeks ago, one angry Korean owner protested against BMW Korea, by destroying his new 320d sedan in front of the BMW dealer shop at Gangnam (Style) area in S. Korea.
4. All Korean media (TV, newspapers) reported the 'Rusty BMW' issues the next day.
5. BMW Korea quickly announced that they had found in total 5006 new 3-series sedans had defective seat frames, and BMW service contacted to all affected customers in order to offer free seat replacement.
6. According to BMW Korea's official service letter, the seat supplier made a mistake and forgot to apply 'rust protection treatment' on the metal seat frame until Oct. 2012.
7. BMW has ordered the seat supplier to fix the mistake since Nov. 2012 productions, and seat supplier began to apply rust protection treatment on the seat frame again.
8. So, most BMW dealers in the other countries including USA are now replacing the rusty seats with new one if customers are reporting.

Hope this helps. And please let me know what's BMW Canada's official opinion on this rusty seat frame issue.
----------------
Appreciate 0